Ingredients (Yield: 6 servings)
2 to 2-1/2-pound boneless lamb or pork shoulder, trimmed
4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon slivered fresh ginger root
1 small, whole dried red chile
3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bunch green onions and tops, cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
Hot cooked rice
- Cut lamb into 1-1/2-inch cubes; coat with 2 Tbsp. cornstarch.
- Brown lamb and garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour chicken broth over lamb. Stir in soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and chile. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour and 20 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add carrots and white parts of green onions. Cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1/3 cup water; stir into pan with green onion tops. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
If you like this, try...
off any ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
on any one (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce