Ingredients (Yield: 4 servings)
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup each chopped fresh basil and chopped fresh mint
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon Asian chili paste with garlic
3 tablespoons honey
4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
1 10-ounce bag European-style salad greens
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
Optional garnish - additional fresh basil and mint
- Blend together soy sauce, vinegar, oils, basil, mint, garlic, chili paste and honey in a small bowl.
- Remove 1/3 cup Signature Sauce and reserve.
- Pour remainder into a zip-top plastic bag and add chicken breasts, coating all sides well. Place in refrigerator and let marinate, turning occasionally, for at least an hour.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken over medium grill fire for 7 to 9 minutes on each side, or until tender and done. (Or, place chicken on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.)
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, tenting with foil to keep warm while it rests for about 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, toss greens and cucumber slices with the reserved marinade mixture that has NOT been used to marinate the chicken, then divide greens evenly among 4 serving plates.
- Cut chicken breasts against the grain crosswise into approximate 1/2-inch slices. Place over salad greens and sprinkle with pine nuts, as well as additional basil and mint leaves.
ADDITIONAL USAGE IDEAS
- Use sauce as a marinade when grilling pork, fish and other seafood.
- Keep on hand as a quick and zesty dressing for any type mixed green salad.
- Also a great dip for fresh vegetables, spring rolls and potstickers.
- Excellent used to drizzle lightly over vegetables prior to and after roasting or grilling.
Recipe submitted by Janice Elder, Charlotte, NC, Grand Prize Winner of the Signature Sauce Recipe Contest.
If you like this, try...